This program requires that the student be qualified for or have a teaching certificate. The programs are intended to provide the student with advanced knowledge in curriculum, research, assessment, administration, supervision and counseling. It is the responsibility of the students from states other than Nebraska to check with their resident state on specific state required courses needed to obtain their state's administrative endorsement/certificate and to choose their elective courses to meet these state requirements.
Students seeking certification for the Education Administration endorsement will be required to successfully complete the PRAXIS II content test prior to graduation.
Entrance requirements for the Master of Arts in Education
- Complete application
- Earned baccalaureate degree from a regional accredited institution
- Official transcripts from the college/university which issued bachelor's degree.
- Official transcripts from any institutions attended after receiving bachelor's degree (if applicable)
- Applicants must hold a teaching certificate or be qualified for a teaching certificate
- Administrative applicants will be required to have teaching experience and course work completed prior to full admission
Focus Area: Master of Arts in Education – Educational Administration – Elementary / Secondary Principal: (Grades PK-8, 7-12, PK-12)
Focus Area: Master of Arts in Education – Educational Administration Special Education Supervisor (Birth-Grade 12)