Graduate Studies

Financial Assistance Information

Graduate Assistantships

A limited number of on-campus Graduate Assistant employment opportunities are available for students enrolled in a graduate degree program. Assistantships offer assignments designed to provide opportunities for supervised educational experiences at the graduate level. For more information please visit the Graduate Assistanships link.

Financial Aid

Financial Aid is available for those seeking a degree or certificate from Chadron State College. Students seeking financial aid must first complete the admissions requirements for the degree program and the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to qualify for financial aid consideration. For further information, contact the Financial Aid Office, Crites Hall, Room 225, 308-432-6230, or go to the web site at

Classification of Non-Residents for Admission and Fee Assessment

The statutes of Nebraska provide that all state educational institutions shall charge a non-resident fee for each non-resident of Nebraska who matriculates at any state institution policies and is based upon evidence provided in the Application for Admission and related documents. Additional written documents, affidavits, verification or other evidence may be required as deemed necessary to establish the status of any applicant. The burden of establishing exemption from non-resident fees is the responsibility of the student. Erroneous classifications as a resident or willful evasion of non-resident fees may result in disciplinary action which may include dismissal as well as payment of required fees for each semester attended.

A student classified as a non-resident retains this status until he/she is officially approved for reclassification as a resident by completing the Application for Residency Classification Form, which is available in the Admissions Office. A student classified as a resident but who becomes a non-resident as provided by the statutes shall promptly notify the Admissions Office of such change. Residency status may be challenged when circumstances indicate a change of legal resident. Any sanctioned change of classification from non-resident to resident will not be made retroactive beyond the period in which the change is approved.

The Non-Resident Scholar program is available to Graduate students. U. S. students who have earned a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5 on all U. S. college work previously attempted will qualify for instate tuition on classes which are not taught in the online format. International graduate students who score a 600 or higher on the paper-based TOEFL or a score of 105 or higher on the web-based TOEFL exam will qualify for the award. International students who have attended all colleges in the U. S. will qualify if a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5 on all U. S. coursework previously attempted has been earned. There is no application necessary for the Non-Resident Scholars Program. A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5 is required to remain in the program.

Cost and Refund Information

The Board of Trustees for the Nebraska State Colleges has established a schedule of tuition and fees to be charged by the State Colleges. This may be obtained from the Business Office.

Refunds on tuition for the academic year are pro-rated, based on a schedule available in the Business Office. Students who are recipients of Title IV funds will be subject to the student refund procedure requirements of the Higher Education Authorization Act of 1998. Details regarding this requirement are available at both the Business Office and the Financial Aid Office.