Housing & Residence Life
Residence Halls Room Reservation (New Students Only)
Room Reservation Processing Fee
A $50.00 processing fee must accompany the Residence Hall Room Reservation form. A room may not be assigned until the processing fee is received.
The processing fee is non-refundable and applies to future contract processing of the student as long as the student remains in the residence halls (summers excluded). Should a student move off campus and later want a residence hall room the $50.00 processing fee would again be required with a new application.
Room Reservation Cancellations
No Cancellation Fee if the cancellation is received in the CSC Housing Office prior to June 1 for Fall semester and December 1 for Spring semester.
- All application cancellations must be in writing and be sent to the Housing Office at Chadron State College. Emails are accepted but must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Housing responds to all emails if you do not receive a response your email has not been received. If the cancellation is mailed, it must be postmarked prior to June 1 for Fall semester and December 1 for Spring semester.
- $150.00 Room Reservation Cancellation Fee is assessed for Canceling a Room Reservation after the deadlines of June 1 for Fall semester and December 1 for Spring semester and prior to the start date of the semester.
- All cancellations, regardless of the application date or whether an actual room assignment has been made, will be subject to all of these policies.
Room Contract Cancellations
- $150.00 Contract Cancellation Fee is assessed for breaking a contract after the deadlines of June 1 for Fall semester and December 1 for Spring semester and prior to the start date of the contract.
- After the start of the semester a $150.00 Contract Cancellation will be charged and refunds will be calculated according to the following schedule:
- Week One and Two - 100% refund and the $150.00 Cancellation Penalty
- Week Three - No Room Refund
- Cancellation Fee may be waived if:
- a student withdraws from college with the approval of the Vice President.
- has been suspended for academic or disciplinary measures, with the approval the Vice President.
- the contract is terminated with the approval of the Director of Housing or the Vice President.
- Meal plan refunds are prorated based upon the number of weeks used with no refund for the last four weeks of the term.
Off-Campus Residency Policy
All freshman students are required to live and eat on campus except those who are:
- Single parent
- Living with parents
- Over 21 years of age
These students must fill out an Off-Campus Application Form, available at the Housing Office, prior to the start of the semester they plan to attend CSC. The application must be returned to the Housing Office for approval.
Rooms are assigned by the Housing Office Staff. The preferences of each student in terms of roommate, residence hall and room type are considered in the assignment. If students are not assigned their first choice, they will be given the opportunity to change when space is available.
Student room reservations will be held until 12 noon on the first day of classes. At that time, rooms reserved for students who have not checked in will be re-assigned. The room will be held if the student has notified the Housing Office that he/she will be arriving late.
Chadron State College reserves the right to make all housing assignments according to what appears to be in the best interest of the student and the college.
Please contact the CSC Business Office at 308-432-6240 to make payment with credit/debit card or send payment to:
CSC Housing Office
1000 Main Street
Chadron, NE 69337