English Language Proficiency
Proof of English language proficiency must be submitted by applicants at the time of application. If English is not your first language, you must have evidence of English language proficiency sent directly to the Admissions Office. Proficiency may be demonstrated by any one of the following.
- Test of English Language as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)*
The minimum required score is:
Arrangements to take the TOEFL can be found at: TOEFL.
- 550 with no section score less than 56 (paper based)
- 79/80 (Internet based)
- 213 with no section score less than 22 (computer based)
- International English Language Test System (IELTS)*
Minimum required score is 6.5. Arrangements to take the IELTS can be found at: IELTS.
Minimum required scores are as follows: English 19, Reading 19.
Arrangements to take the ACT exam can be found at: ACT.
Minimum required scores for tests taken after May 2007 are as follows: Reading 440, English/Writing 440.
Arrangements to take the SAT exam can be found at: SAT.
- Completion of a minimum of six (6) credit hours of English composition with a "C" or better from an accredited American higher education institution.
- Successful completion of a CSC-recognized intensive English language training program withing two years of application at a level CSC determines equivalent to the TOEFL or IELTS exams. Acceptable English language program providers at: CSC-Approved English Language Providers.
CSC reserves the right to require additional testing of any incoming student's English skills. If it is determined that additional English studies are necessary, you may be required to take the appropriate intensive English program courses prior to, or concurrent with, enrolling in CSC academic programs. Refusal to do so, or failure to successfully complete it, may result in dismissal from CSC.
*TOEFL, IELTS, ACT, and SAT scores are considered valid for two years from the date the test was taken.
**The Chadron State College school code for TOEFL, IELTS, and SAT is 6466.
***The Chadron State College school code for ACT is 2466 and for the SAT is 6466.
Official test results must be sealed and mailed directly by the examination organization to:
Chadron State College
1000 Main Street
Chadron, NE 69337 USA