E-Mail Page | Print Page
- Applicants who have graduated from an American high school and are applying as entering freshman need only to have the school send a sealed official copy of their transcript indicating the final cumulative grade point average and confirmation of graduation.
- Applicants who have graduated from a high school outside the United States and are applying as entering freshman must provide an official English transcript translation confirming the applicant has successfully completed all requirements equivalent to a U.S. high school diploma. Final translated transcripts must be accompanied by an official transcript in the student’s native language.
- Except as described below, high school transcripts for entering freshman applicants do not need to be officially evaluated by an independent evaluation service. Exceptions include,
- When CSC cannot make a determination that the diploma is generally equivalent to a U.S. high school-level diploma.
- When CSC cannot accurately determine the authenticity of the transcript.
- When student is applying for an International Tuition Waiver. (GPA must be verified)
- Applicants who wish to transfer credit from another U.S.-based college or university need only to have the institution send a sealed official copy of the complete transcript. Students who have attended more than one U.S. institution must submit transcripts for all institutions attended.
- Applicants who want to transfer credit from colleges or universities outside of the United States are required to submit official transcripts, translated into English by a foreign credentials evaluation service, from all colleges or universities attended. In addition to being translated into English, transcripts must be professionally evaluated on a course-by-course basis by a CSC-approved foreign credential evaluation service. All translated credentials must be sent directly to CSC by the evaluation service or submitted in a sealed envelope.
Chadron State College recommends three evaluation services for evaluating transcripts. Translations from official government education agencies are also accepted. Typically, these services will require that transcripts be sent from the foreign educational institution directly to them. They may require certified English translations of documents. A fee from the student is required for evaluating of credentials. Fee payment and all contact regarding this process is the applicant’s responsibility.
- If you want to use another evaluation service, please check with us to ensure we will accept evaluations from that company.
- If CSC receives transcripts from a service that do not meet CSC’s standards, CSC reserves the right to require students to get their transcripts re-evaluated by a CSC chosen evaluation service.
Acceptable evaluation services include:
World Education Services, Inc.
P.O. Box 5087, Bowling Green Station
New York, NY 10274-6311
Phone: (212) 966-6311
Fax: (212) 739-6311
Foreign Academic Credential Service, Inc.
P.O. Box 400
Glen Carbon, IL 62034
Phone: (618) 656-5291
Fax: (618) 656-5292
Foundation for International Services, Inc.
14926 - 35th Avenue West, Suite 210
Lynnwood, WA 98087
Phone: (425) 248-2255
Fax: (425) 248-2262
Please instruct the evaluating organization to send completed credentials to:
Office of International Education
Chadron State College
1000 Main Street
Chadron, NE 69337, USA