Undergraduate Scholarships and Tuition Waivers
Eagle Rate Tuition Award
All admitted undergraduate international students are awarded the Chadron State College “Eagle Rate”. Eagle Rate tuition reduces tuition paid by international students to only $1 (USD) per credit hour more than the amount paid by Nebraska resident students—reducing tuition to nearly one half of normal international student tuition. Applicants do not have to apply for this award—it is automatically applied to the student’s tuition bill.
International Student Tuition Waiver
In addition to the Eagle Rate tuition, qualified new international undergraduate degree-seeking students may apply for one of a limited number of International Student Tuition Waivers. Waivers are equal to one-half of tuition only cost for up to sixteen (16) enrolled credit hours per semester for a maximum of eight (8) consecutive fall and spring semesters for entering freshmen and 4 consecutive fall and spring semesters for entering transfer students.
Waivers are competitive and students must meet the following criteria to be eligible.
Qualifying Criteria and Eligibility: Only complete applications will be considered.
- Must be applying as a degree-seeking undergraduate (bachelor’s) student.
- Must be an entering freshman or college transfer (from a recognized accredited institution).
- Must complete and submit “Tuition Waiver Application” and Essay.
- Must meet CSC English proficiency requirements.
- Must have a minimum cumulative 3.25 (4.0 scale) high school GPA for entering freshmen and for college transfers.
- Must commit to living in CSC campus housing.
- Waivers apply to tuition only. All fees are at the full amount.
- Awards apply to spring and fall semesters only.
- To maintain eligibility, students must maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA, continue to live in CSC campus housing, and be in disciplinary good standing.
- Students who lose their eligibility may reapply if they regain eligibility status. However, re-awards are subject to waiver availability and competitive consideration.
- Late applications will be considered only if waivers are still available.
- The international tuition waiver is not available to online students, graduate students, or students who did not qualify at the time of their initial enrollment.
- A one page typewritten or printed essay describing the applicant’s background, significant experiences, unusual challenges or hardships, future personal and professional goals, and a description of distinguished achievements must accompany the application to be considered complete. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Tuition Waiver Application