Chadron State College
Chadron State College
Email Us Call Us Request Information

Application/Admissions Process

Financial Aid and Scholarships

Pre-Arrival Arrangements

Enrolling in Courses


Financial Matters


Application/Admissions Process

Where can I find the application to apply to Chadron State College?
The online application can be found at Apply Now. For admissions instruction, requirements and deadlines, click How to Apply. Once you complete and submit the online application, you will be contacted by email and provided with detailed instructions on the rest of the documents needed for admission to CSC.

What is the cost to attend Chadron State College?
Chadron State College is very affordable and provides a high quality university-level education. Visit the Costs & Scholarships page for details.

Is there an application fee for CSC?
No. Chadron State College does not charge an application fee.

What is the deadline to apply for admission to Chadron State College?
The priority deadline is July 1 for the Fall semester and December 1 for the Spring semester. Application will be processed as soon as possible once required documents are received. We may be able to process applications after the priority deadline, however we cannot guarantee admission after the deadline has passed. Visit the How to Apply page for instruction on how to apply.

Can I apply as a Non-Degree student?
Students on an F-1 visa may NOT apply as non-degree seeking students. They must maintain their F-1 status by enrolling into degree seeking programs.

How is the decision about my application made?
If you meet eligibility requirements (includes minimum required GPA for respective grade level on a 4.0 scale, proof of English proficiency, and proof of adequate financial resources) and provide all materials required for admission, you will be admitted.

I have submitted my online application. What other documents will I need to provide for admission to Chadron State College?
You will need to provide the following documents:

  • English Language Proficiency Test Scores or successful completion of a CSC approved English program
  • Financial Information (financial declaration form and official bank letter)
  • Official Transcripts
  • Health/Immunization Forms

Visit the How to Apply page for detailed admissions requirements.

What kind of bank statement should I send?
The bank letter must include the following: confirmation that the account holder has a specific dollar amount of funds immediately available on deposit; name and address of the bank; date of the letter; and name, signature and title of the bank official certifying the funds. Vague statements such as "six-figure fund available" or "sufficient funds available" are not considered specific or sufficient.

The bank letter must be ORIGINAL, in English, and not more than 30 days old at the time of application. The bank letter must have the official bank seal, stamp, or notarization in a color other than black.

English is my native language. Do I still need to submit English Language Proficiency Test Scores?
No. Please check with the Admissions Office to find out if your country falls under the category of English as an Official Language: English Proficiency Exempt Countries.

I graduated from a high school or college in the United States. Do I still need to provide English Language Proficiency Test Scores?
No. If you graduated from a high school or regionally accredited college or university in the United States, you will have demonstrated English language proficiency.

What are the minimum English Language Proficiency Test Scores required for admission to Chadron State College?
Proof of English language proficiency must be submitted by applicants at the time of application. Applicants can submit evidence of English language proficiency by one of the following:

Test of English Language as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
The minimum required score is:

  • 550 with no section score less than 56 (paper based)
  • 79/80 (Internet based)
  • 213 with no score less than 22 (computer based)

Arrangements to take the TOEFL can be found on the TOEFL page.

International English Language Test System (IELTS)
The minimum required score is 6.5

Arrangements to take the IELTS can be found on the IELTS page.

The minimum required scores are as follows: English 19, Reading 19
Arrangements to take the ACT exam can be found on the ACT page.

The minimum SAT scores for tests taken after May 2007 are as follows: Reading 440, English/Writing 440
Arrangements to take the SAT exam can be found on the SAT page.

*TOEFL, IELTS, ACT, and SAT scores are considered valid for two years from the date the test was taken.

I have official transcripts from my school in my country. Is this sufficient for consideration?
Transcript requirements will differ depending on whether you have applied as a freshman international, transfer international, or graduate international student. Please select the appropriate link below to learn more about the transcripts and other documentation required for your respective grade level:

On-Campus Bachelor's Degree-Seeking: First Time University Student

On-Campus Bachelor's Degree-Seeking: University Transfer Student

On-Campus Graduate Degree-Seeking Student

Online (distance learning) Student

Students who have graduated from a high school outside the United States and applying as entering freshman must provide an official transcript that has been translated into English, professionally evaluated for credit and grade equivalency to the U.S. education system, and clearly indicating completion of a diploma.

Students who wish to transfer credit from another U.S.-based college or university need only to have the institution send a sealed official copy of the complete transcript. Students who have attended more than one U.S. institution must submit transcripts for all institutions attended.

Students who wish to transfer credit from colleges or universities outside of the United States are required to submit an English-language translation of their official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended. In addition to being translated into English, transcripts must be professionally evaluated on a course-by-course basis showing equivalency to the U.S system of education. All translated and evaluated credentials must be sent directly to CSC by the evaluation service or submitted in a sealed envelope.

Chadron State College recognizes three evaluation services for evaluating transcripts. Typically, these services will require that transcripts be sent from the foreign educational institution directly to them. They may require certified English translations of documents. A fee from the student is required for evaluating of credentials. Fee payment and all contact regarding this process is the applicant’s responsibility.

What degree programs and majors are offered at Chadron State College?
Chadron State offers many areas of study for students at the Undergraduate (bachelor's) level. Check out the Areas of Study page for a full listing. The International MBA is currently our only option for International Students looking for a graduate degree. Check out the International MBA program.

Financial Aid and Scholarships

Can I apply for financial aid?
An international student is not eligible for U.S. Government assisted financial aid. Graduate students are eligible to apply for graduate assistantship or tuition waivers. Please indicate your interest in an assistantship when submitting your application. You may include a copy of your resume.

Are there scholarships available?
Yes. CSC offers a limited number of competitive International Student Tuition Waivers for campus-based undergraduate students as well as the Eagle Rate Tuition Award. We also automatically grant the Non-Resident Scholars Scholarship to graduate students who meet the qualifying criteria. To view more information regarding these three financial incentives in addition to other international scholarship opportunities, visit the Costs & Scholarships page for details.

Pre-arrival Arrangements

What is the deadline to apply for on campus housing?
The Housing Office encourages students who want to live on campus to apply as early as possible to be placed in their residence hall of choice. The online housing application form should be completed no later than 35 days prior to the start of the semester. To apply for housing on campus, please visit the room reservation page.

When will I receive my Form I-20?
Once you are notified of your acceptance and you make your first semester deposit payment (if applicable), the Office of International Education will issue you an I-20 and mail it to your foreign address.

What is the procedure for getting a visa?
Please check the information provided on the U.S. Student Visa page.

What airport do I need to fly into?
You will need to fly into the Denver International Airport. You will then fly from Denver to the Chadron Airport. You can make your flight reservations from Denver to Chadron via Boutique Air. Visit the Boutique Air website for details.

Once I arrive at the Chadron Airport, will someone from the Office of International Education pick me up?
Absolutely! There is no public transportation so we will pick you up and take you to campus. Once you make your flight arrangements, please let the Office of International Education know your flight itinerary well in advance so we can accommodate you and pick you up at the airport.

When should I arrive to CSC?
If you plan to start during the Fall semester, you will be required to attend the Fall orientation which begins the Thursday before classes begin. Plan to arrive no later than the Wednesday evening before Fall classes begin. If you plan to start during the Spring semester, you will be required to attend the Spring orientation which begins the Friday before classes begin. Plan to arrive no later than the Thursday evening before Spring classes begin.

Enrolling in Courses

How many credits must I register for each semester?
If you are an undergraduate student, you must enroll in at least 12 credits (4 courses) during fall and spring semesters. If you are a graduate student, you must enroll in at least 9 credits (3 courses) during the Fall and Spring semesters.

I would like to register for classes before I arrive to Chadron. Can I do this and if so, how?
We prefer to register you for classed in advance and we will actually build your first class schedule for you - this includes freshmen, transfers, and graduate students. When your application is processed and you are ready to enroll, you will be asked to complete the Ready to Register form. This form is found on your MyCSC To Do list. You must submit this form prior to enrollment.

The Ready to Register form will ask you several questions that we use to enroll you in course work. Upon receipt of the Ready to Register form, your course schedule will be built and you will be notified via EagleMail when it is complete.

Incoming freshmen: You may be asked to indicate your preference for you First Year Inquiry (FYI) course on the Ready to Register form. The FYI is a requirement of our Essential Studies (general education) program. More information about the FYI course requirement is found on the form and we do our best to enroll you in FYI, based on your preferences..

Can I enroll for less than full time status?
Very few circumstances allow this and require extensive documentation. The reasons are as follows: Academic, Medical or Last Semester. You will need to visit OIE to discuss this issue.

Do I have to enroll in classes during the summer?
No, you are not required to take classes during the summer months.

I changed my major. Do I need to let the Office of International Education know?
Yes. We will need to update your record in SEVIS.


Can I work on campus?
Yes, there are employment opportunities at CSC. You are limited to 20 hours per week during the academic semester. You can work full time during vacations. For more information visit the Human Resources page.

I received a job on campus and now need a social security card. How do I get one?
The nearest Social Security Administration is located in Scottsbluff Nebraska, about 90 minutes from CSC. The Office of International Education can take you to SSA. You will need to notify us and provide us with ample notice. You will need to bring your valid passport with your form I-94, Form I-20, and a letter of employment offer from the CSC Human Resource Office.

Can I work off campus?
Generally, no. However, if you are experiencing extreme financial difficulties which were unforeseen, you can apply for off-campus work permission from the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). With DHS permission, it is possible to work up to twenty hours a week during the academic year and full-time during the summer and vacation periods. Please contact the Office of International Studies at

Financial Matters

When should I pay my bill?
Payment is due no later than the end of the second week of classes ever semester. We highly discourage students from carrying large sums of money with them as they travel to the U.S. so you are encouraged to pay the full amount due prior to your arrival.

How do I pay the college?
You can wire your funds from your bank in your country to First National Bank of Chadron through Midwest Independent Bank (intermediary bank that will accept funds for First National Bank). You can also pay online via credit or check card using your MyCSC account or mail a check to CSC.

Does CSC offer an extended payment plan?
Sorry, no. Student cost of attendance must be paid in full no later than the end of the second week of classes every semester. No extensions are granted.

How much money should I bring?
In addition to having access to your cost of attendance amount (if you did not pay your balance due in advance), we recommend that you have access to at least $1,500 to cover your travel and both expected and unexpected expenses for the first few days. You may prefer to use a bank card to avoid having to carry large sums of money in cash.


When I was accepted to CSC, I was awarded the International Student Tuition Waiver. I did not maintain eligibility and have lost my waiver. Can I get it back?
Once you reach eligibility again, you can reapply. However, your application will be evaluated along with other applicants and is subject to waiver availability.

Is health insurance required for international students?
Yes. All F-1 students are required to have medical health insurance coverage each semester they are registered. The Office of International Education will enroll you automatically in our approved plan and the cost will be added to you cost of attendance bill.

I am going to transfer to another college/university. What do I need to do?
Once you receive your acceptance letter from the new school you will be attending, please bring this to the Office of International Education. Your new school should also provide you with a Transfer Release form. Bring this with you as well. Once OIE reviews the documents and verifies acceptance to the new school, we will transfer your SEVIS record.

I am going to graduate this semester and would like to apply for OPT. What do I need to do?
You can apply for OPT no sooner than 90 days before your Program End Date on your form I-20. This is the earliest the federal government allows. Apply as soon as you are allowed as it can take months for the Service Center to process. Detailed Instructions

I would like to apply for a CPT. How does this work?
An internship must be part of your degree requirements. You will be required to demonstrate this to OIE. You will also need to provide an internship offer letter from a company to OIE. If you meet requirements, OIE will post the CPT in your SEVIS record….which is a requirement by the federal government.

I am graduating from CSC and would like to apply for graduate school at CSC. What do I need to do?
You will need to apply as a graduate student. The online application can be found on the Admissions page. You also will need to provide new financial information to demonstrate you have sufficient funds to cover your education for the next two years. Once you apply online and provide the financial documents, OIE will notify the Admissions Office. The Admissions Office will then take over the admissions process and work closely with you for the rest of your admissions process.

I was supposed to graduate this semester but now I will not be able to. What do I do?
You will need to visit OIE to discuss this. You will need to provide documentation and a compelling explanation for not graduating as expected. Once you provide all needed documentation and demonstrate a valid reason, OIE will extend your Program End Date on SEVIS. This is very important. If your Program End Date is not extended and you remain past this date you are out of status…a very serious issue!

Can I be paid at my CPT?
Yes you can. If you have an unpaid CPT, you are still required to provide the documentation listed above. For more information visit the Employment page.