Career & Academic Planning Services
E-Mail Page | Print Page
Chadron State College joins approximately 1200 universities and colleges across the nation in offering an internship program. Statistics show that approximately 60 percent of the students who do internships are offered permanent employment by their internship supervisors upon graduation. Thus the internship opportunity constitutes an additional, important element in the students’ educational processes.
Following please find basic employer information regarding the CSC popular program:
Eligibility for Internship
- Students must complete 30 credit hours before starting an internship position. (sophomore status)
- Students must complete the necessary application process and obtain approval from their academic supervisor and the Internship & Career Services office.
- Students are asked to write learning outcomes in collaboration with their faculty and internship supervisor.
- The internship supervisor is responsible for orientation, training, safety instructions, and an overview of the company’s policies and procedures.
- The internship supervisor will be asked to sign the Internship & Career Services Training Agreement prior to the start of the internship.
- The internship supervisor will be asked to complete a one-page midterm and final evaluation of the student’s performance on a form provided. In addition, the student will ask the supervisor to sign the weekly activity journals.
- Students may receive compensation for their work, and the amount is negotiated between the employer and student. Compensation is not a requirement of the Internship & Career Services office.
- Interns are an excellent source of highly motivated pre-professionals.
- Professional release time is generated for permanent staff by assigning consuming essential tasks to the intern.
- Supervisors have an observation period without long-term employment commitments.
- Supervisors receive an enhanced company understanding of the educational process.
The Internship & Career Services staff will provide assistance and guidance as needed throughout the internship experience.