- UPS and Fed Ex arrive at the mail room between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m.
- The only mail that can be sent out through the mail room is anything with a stamp already on it (or a prepaid label for the packages)
- Fed Ex and UPS packages to be mailed must be brought to the mail room. Trucks do not pick up at dorms
- We do not sell stamps
Faculty & Staff
- Items may be mailed Fed-Ex Express, UPS or USPS
- No one is to use our account number to mail a package unless approved through the mail room first
- We do not have an account for Fed Ex Ground
- Packages can be mailed Fed Ex ground with a prepaid label
- Fed Ex Express requires a phone call to Fed Ex before 10 a.m. the morning it is to be mailed. The mail room can make that phone call or it can be done by the person who is mailing.
- Fed Ex costs quite a bit more than UPS, so it should be mailed UPS if possible. UPS makes their last pickup around 4 p.m. and does have to be called ahead of time
- All items require a budget code. If no budget code is on the mailpiece, it will be left in the mail room until a budget code is put on it
- It would be very nice if departments would let us know what they are mailing and how they want it mailed when possible. Books, videos, DVDs and music can all be mailed at book rate which is much cheaper. We do not know what is in the sealed envelopes so sometimes we have to mail books at priority rate. Book rate cannot contain first class mail.
- Our postage meter will seal envelopes, so if you have a large mailing it is much easier to run it through the machine. It will not seal large or thick envelopes.
- Everyone should try to get their bills and any correspondence addressed to the proper person or department
Chadron State College
Attn: John Doe (or Math Dept)
1000 Main ST
Chadron, NE 69337