Graduate Commencement: 2 p.m. Friday, December 16, 2016 at Memorial Hall
8 a.m. Saturday, May 6, 2017 at Memorial Hall
Undergraduate Commencement: 4 p.m. Friday, December 16, 2016 at Chicoine Center
10 a.m. Saturday, May 6, 2017 at Chicoine Center
Click to Watch Commencement Live
- Students must earn a minimum of 120 semester credit hours, of which 40 credit hours must be in 300 or 400 (junior or senior) level courses, to meet the requirements for all baccalaureate degrees.
- Students beginning prior to Fall 2012, must earn a minimum of 125 semester credit hours, of which 45 credit hours must be in 300 or 400 (junior or senior) level courses, to meet the requirements for all baccalaureate degrees.
- Students are required to use a catalog of the year they enrolled or a subsequent catalog. Students may not graduate under the provisions of a catalog issued more than five years prior to the end of the semester in which they expect to complete their work, unless they have been in military service or have earned college credit in residence at Chadron during each calendar year since beginning the program of study.
- For the Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree, students must complete either (1) a comprehensive major of 48 to 57 credits, or (2) a subject major of 30 to 36 credits and a minor of 18 to 21 credits.
- Students who do not transfer in an Associate of Arts or Associate of Science degree must complete all Essential Studies courses as listed in the catalog. Transfer guides indicate courses from other institutions that may satisfy individual Essential Studies course requirements. Depending on the program of study, Essential Studies requirements may vary. Consult your academic advisor or your Academic Requirements page in your MyCSC.
- No more than 66 credit hours may be transferred or applied towards a Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science, or Bachelor of Science in Education degree from accredited 2-year institutions. Students with an Associate of Science (AS), Associate of Applied Science (AAS) or Associate of Occupational Science (AOS) degree who are pursuing a Bachelor of Applied Sciences (BAS) degree:
- May transfer 70 credit hours to CSC
- Must earn 40 upper division credit hours
- Must fulfill Essential Studies minimum credit requirements in each of the Student Learning Outcomes 2 through 11. It is recommended that students select upper division courses in order to help achieve the necessary 40 upper division credit hour requirement.
- Unlimited credit hours may be transferred from accredited four-year institutions, although individual programs may have restrictions and the student must meet other graduation requirements.
- A minimum completion of at least 30 semester hours of credit earned from Chadron State College.
- Twenty-four of the last thirty semester hours of credit must be from Chadron State College.
- Graduation with Academic Honors requires completion of at least 45 hours from Chadron State College at the end of the semester prior to the semester in which graduation occurs.
- Those attaining high grade point averages will be cited as follows:
3.90 - 4.00 Summa Cum Laude
3.75 - 3.89 Magna Cum Laude
3.60 - 3.74 Cum Laude
- Graduate students and students receiving a second Bachelor's Degree are not eligible for honors recognition.
A second baccalaureate degree may be earned by completing at least 30 credit hours beyond the first degree, fifteen of which must be at the 300-400 level, and satisfying the current requirements for the second degree at Chadron State College. These requirements include those for a comprehensive major, or subject major and minor. Essential Studies courses do not need to be repeated. A student may not earn more than one degree simultaneously at Chadron State College. Students pursuing a second baccalaureate degree are not eligible for academic honors.
- Undergraduate Candidate Application: As you near the completion of your undergraduate program, a graduation application will be placed on your To-Do list within your MyCSC account. Please fill it out and submit to the Records Office by the deadline.
- Graduate Candidate Application: A link to the application can be found in your MyCSC to-do list. All graduate students must have a Plan of Study on file in the Graduate Office to be eligible to apply for graduation. If you have not yet completed this required step, please return to your EagleMail account and read the materials that were provided upon formal acceptance to Graduate Study.
- Deadlines for applying are:
- Spring Commencement (May) - November 15
- Fall Commencement (December) - April 15
- Summer Commencement (No formal ceremony) - February 15
- If the student’s program of study qualifies them for majors in two different degrees (e.g. a Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration and a Bachelor of Science in Range Management), the student must select the degree (Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science) to be conferred. All majors will be recorded on the transcript.
- Candidates must have completed or be enrolled in all courses required for the degree prior to application for graduation. Any coursework required for the degree that is incomplete or in progress from a previous term must be completed and graded prior to commencement.
- Candidates for degrees are required to take part in the formal exercises of commencement unless prior notification is given to the Records Office. Candidates for degrees are required to wear the academic cap and gown at the commencement exercise. All commencement regalia will be available to order several months prior to graduation.
- As part of the graduation process, exit assessments for some academic programs and Essential Studies are required of all students. Dates and times of these assessments will be scheduled and taken throughout the candidate’s final year at Chadron State College. You must contact your department to see what, if any, assessment is required.
- Teacher candidates who are seeking the Bachelor of Science in Education degree must complete one field or subject endorsement for secondary certificates or an area of concentration for the elementary certificate, along with the requirements for the professional year which includes a teacher internship. Contact the CSC Education Department for more information.
- A 2.75 grade point average, from all institutions attended, must be attained for the Bachelor of Science in Education programs.
Order Academic Regalia
- Order for bachelors or masters degrees
- Order caps, gowns, hoods and tassels as a group or individually
- Order announcements, envelopes, return address labels, etc.
- Speedy delivery