The Susan Thompson Buffett Foundation Scholarship
Deadline: February 1st at 4:00 p.m./5:00 p.m. MST/CST
To be eligible to apply, students must:
- Be a resident of Nebraska
- Graduate from a Nebraska high school or earn a Nebraska GED
- Earn at least a 2.5 cumulative unweighted GPA in high school (or 83 on a 100 point scale)
- Plan to attend any of the Nebraska public institutions
- Be a first-time freshman when entering college
- Students obtaining dual enrollment credits in high school are still eligible
- Be in need of financial assistance in order to attend college
- Students do not need to be Pell Grant eligible to qualify
- Students must have an Expected Family Contribution (EFC) below $10,000 in order to apply
For more information and to apply online please visit their website at buffettscholarships.org/
Cargill Scholarship Program
The Cargill Scholarship Program for Rural America offers a number of cash awards.
- Be a high school Senior from a U.S. family farm
Information is available from:
Ms. Gladys Tripp
Cargill Office Center
Minneapolis, MN 55440
Or visit this website http://www.cargill.com/worldwide/usa/scholarships/index.jsp.
C. Bertrand and Marian Othmer Schultz Collegiate Scholarship
Application Deadline: February 1
- Be a Sophomore or Junior enrolled at a four-year, accredited college or university in the state of Nebraska
- Majoring in a natural science discipline (chemistry, physics, biology or geology)
- Be anticipating a career in a science related industry, science teaching, or scientific research
For more information and applications that are available, please view this website http://nebraskaacademyofsciences.wildapricot.org/GrantsandScholarships or contact:
Cecelia Dorn, Administrative Assistant
Nebraska Academy of Sciences, INC.
302 Morrill Hall, 14th and U Streets
Lincoln, NE 68588-0339
Lincoln Community Foundation Scholarships
The Lincoln Community Foundation oversees several scholarships. For more information and applications to go http://www.lcf.org/page.aspx?pid=477.
Lower Republican NRD Scholarship Program
Application Deadline: March 31
Two $1000 Scholarships are available broken down to $500 each semester.
- Complete the first semester with a 2.75 minimum GPA
- Permanent residence in the Lower Republican NRD
- Majoring in a natural resources related field
- Be a first, second, or third year college student
- Enrolled full-time in a college in Nebraska
- Applicant's essay, grades, class ranking, extracurricular activities, and letters of recommendation will be considered
Applications available here http://www.lrnrd.org/index.php/programs/7-lower-republican-nrd-scholarship-program.
Mid-Nebraska Community Foundation Scholarships for CURRENT STUDENTS
Nebraska residents only. Click the links below to see the application and applicant criteria for each scholarship.
John Russell Applegate
American Legion Post 163
Donald L. ERB Memorial
Douglas Watson Memorial
Nebraskaland Family & Consumer Science
Brian A. Sorenson
Sutherland New Hope Village
Nebraska Juvenile Justice Association Scholarship Award
Application Deadline: Updated application will be attached for download soon
- Be a full-time junior or senior attending an accredited college or university in Nebraska
- Be majoring in criminal justice or a related field (e.g. social work, psychology, mental health)
- Demonstrate commitment to community and volunteer service
- Reside in Nebraska and have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale (preference given to those with GPA of 2.5 or higher)
Applications can be mailed to:
Attn: Peg Barner
P.O. Box 94813
Lincoln, NE 68509
or emailed to:
NPFDA (National Poultry & Food Distributors Association) Scholarship Foundation Inc.
Application Deadline: May 31
Four $1,500 scholarships are awarded to students in the fields of poultry science, food science, agricultural economics/marketing, nutrition and all other areas of study related to the poultry industry.
- Be a college Junior or Senior the upcoming (award) year at a U.S. Institution
- Be enrolled as a full-time student
- Be pursuing a poultry or related agricultural degree
Applications available here http://www.npfda.org/scholarships
Nebraska Bankers Association Scholarships
Application Deadline: January 31st
The Nebraska Bankers Association offers up to eight $1,000 annual scholarships.
- Be a legal resident of Nebraska
- Pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with an emphasis in Finance, Accounting or Economics
- Be attending one of the Nebraska state or privately funded colleges or universities (excluding the University of Nebraska)
- Be at a college Junior or Senior level
- Submit a completed scholarship application form, required essay, and a letter of recommendation from a bank officer of an NBA-member financial institution.
Applications can be found at www.nebankers.org/index.php/scholarships.html#.UwOFNYW-7hE.
Nebraska State Reading Association
Deadline: October 1
Two $500 scholarships will be awarded.
- Be a Junior, Senior or Graduate college student
- Pursuing a degree in Teacher Education
- Enrolled in a Nebraska post-secondary institution
- Be a resident of Nebraska
For more information and an application go to www.nereads.org.
The completed application form, three or more well-written paragraphs and two letters of recommendation must be returned to:
Deanna J. Pokorny
4680 Rd V
Linwood, NE 68036
Annual Senior Care Innovation Scholarship
Application Deadline: April 15
Be enrolled in an associate’s, bachelor’s, or graduate level program at an accredited school in the fields of gerontology, medicine, nursing, social work, sociology, or long-term care administration.
For more information please view this website www.aplaceformom.com/scholarship.
Sallie Mae Fund Scholarships
Application Deadline: May 31
- Be accepted and enrolled as a full-time, Undergraduate at a Title IV eligible, accredited, post-secondary, two- or four-year college or university, vocational or technical school in the United States or Puerto Rico, and meet program-specific eligibility requirements
For complete guidelines, information and applications go to The Sallie Mae Fund's web site at www.salliemaefund.org.
Urban League of Nebraska, Inc.
A variety of different scholarships are available by going to this website for more information http://www.urbanleagueneb.org/scholarship-opportunities/.