The Susan Thompson Buffett Foundation Scholarship
Deadline: February 1st
To be eligible to apply, students must:
- Be a resident of Nebraska
- Graduate from a Nebraska high school or earn a Nebraska GED
- Earn at least a 2.5 cumulative unweighted GPA in high school (or 80 on a 100 point scale)
- Plan to attend any of the Nebraska public institutions
- Be a first-time freshman when entering college
- Students obtaining dual enrollment credits in high school are still eligible
- Be in need of financial assistance in order to attend college
- Students do not need to be Pell Grant eligible to qualify
- Students with an Expected Family Contribution (EFC) below $15,000 are encouraged to apply
For more information and to apply online please visit their website at http://buffettscholarships.org/college-scholarships
Cargill Scholarship Program
The Cargill Scholarship Program for Rural America offers a number of cash awards.
- Be a high school Senior from a U.S. family farm
Information is available from:
Ms. Gladys Tripp
Cargill Office Center
Minneapolis, MN 55440
Or visit this website http://www.cargill.com/worldwide/usa/scholarships/index.jsp.
C. Bertrand and Marian Othmer Schultz Collegiate Scholarship
Application Deadline: February 1
- Be a Sophomore or Junior enrolled at a four-year, accredited college or university in the state of Nebraska
- Majoring in a natural science discipline (chemistry, physics, biology or geology)
- Be anticipating a career in a science related industry, science teaching, or scientific research
For more information and applications that are available, please view this website http://nebraskaacademyofsciences.wildapricot.org/GrantsandScholarships or contact:
Cecelia Dorn, Administrative Assistant
Nebraska Academy of Sciences, INC.
302 Morrill Hall, 14th and U Streets
Lincoln, NE 68588-0339
Lincoln Community Foundation Scholarships
The Lincoln Community Foundation oversees several scholarships. For more information and applications to go http://www.lcf.org/page.aspx?pid=477.
Lower Republican NRD Scholarship Program
Application Deadline: March 31
Two $1000 Scholarships are available broken down to $500 each semester.
- Complete the first semester with a 2.75 minimum GPA
- Permanent residence in the Lower Republican NRD
- Majoring in a natural resources related field
- Be a first, second, or third year college student
- Enrolled full-time in a college in Nebraska
- Applicant's essay, grades, class ranking, extracurricular activities, and letters of recommendation will be considered
Applications available here http://www.lrnrd.org/index.php/programs/7-lower-republican-nrd-scholarship-program.
Nebraska Juvenile Justice Association Scholarship Award
Application Deadline: Updated application will be attached for download soon
- Be a full-time junior or senior attending an accredited college or university in Nebraska
- Be majoring in criminal justice or a related field (e.g. social work, psychology, mental health)
- Demonstrate commitment to community and volunteer service
- Reside in Nebraska and have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale (preference given to those with GPA of 2.5 or higher)
Applications can be mailed to:
Attn: Peg Barner
P.O. Box 94813
Lincoln, NE 68509
or emailed to:
NPFDA (National Poultry & Food Distributors Association) Scholarship Foundation Inc.
Application Deadline: May 31
Four $1,500 scholarships are awarded to students in the fields of poultry science, food science, agricultural economics/marketing, nutrition and all other areas of study related to the poultry industry.
- Be a college Junior or Senior the upcoming (award) year at a U.S. Institution
- Be enrolled as a full-time student
- Be pursuing a poultry or related agricultural degree
Applications available here http://www.npfda.org/scholarships
Nebraska Bankers Association Scholarships
Application Deadline: January 31st
The Nebraska Bankers Association offers up to eight $1,000 annual scholarships.
- Be a legal resident of Nebraska
- Pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with an emphasis in Finance, Accounting or Economics
- Be attending one of the Nebraska state or privately funded colleges or universities (excluding the University of Nebraska)
- Be at a college Junior or Senior level
- Submit a completed scholarship application form, required essay, and a letter of recommendation from a bank officer of an NBA-member financial institution.
Applications can be found at www.nebankers.org/index.php/scholarships.html#.UwOFNYW-7hE.
Nebraska State Reading Association
Deadline: October 1
Two $500 scholarships will be awarded.
- Be a Junior, Senior or Graduate college student
- Pursuing a degree in Teacher Education
- Enrolled in a Nebraska post-secondary institution
- Be a resident of Nebraska
For more information and an application go to www.nereads.org.
The completed application form, three or more well-written paragraphs and two letters of recommendation must be returned to:
Deanna J. Pokorny
4680 Rd V
Linwood, NE 68036
Annual Senior Care Innovation Scholarship
Application Deadline: April 15
Be enrolled in an associate’s, bachelor’s, or graduate level program at an accredited school in the fields of gerontology, medicine, nursing, social work, sociology, or long-term care administration.
For more information please view this website www.aplaceformom.com/scholarship.
Sallie Mae Fund Scholarships
Application Deadline: May 31
- Be accepted and enrolled as a full-time, Undergraduate at a Title IV eligible, accredited, post-secondary, two- or four-year college or university, vocational or technical school in the United States or Puerto Rico, and meet program-specific eligibility requirements
For complete guidelines, information and applications go to The Sallie Mae Fund's web site at www.salliemaefund.org.
Urban League of Nebraska, Inc.
A variety of different scholarships are available by going to this website for more information http://www.urbanleagueneb.org/scholarship-opportunities/.