Start Early, Plan Ahead & Do the Math!
Make sure you have an understanding of your financial aid, your bill and your plan to pay, no later than 30 days prior to the start of each term.
1. If you are considering applying for Federal Financial Aid complete the FAFSA at
least 90 days prior to the start of the term.
2. Estimate your CSC costs by using our Estimated Cost Calculator.
- Actual bills are available via your MyCSC account, about a month before the term/semester begins.
3. If you have been awarded or are anticipating any financial aid (scholarships,
grants and/or loans, etc.) you can SUBTRACT those amounts (by term/semester)
from your estimated bill.
- Most scholarship and federal financial aid awards do not disburse/apply to your
CSC account balance until the SECOND WEEK of the term/semester/session.
- Your "Account Activity" under the Accounts tab of your MyCSC account will show you your bill detail, including any awards which have been applied to your account balance as a payment either prior to or after the term/semester has started.
If you do not have enough financial aid to cover your estimated bill OR if you prefer to pay out of pocket, we have payment plans available.
- You are encouraged to order your textbooks from the CSC Online Bookstore.
- Textbooks can average about $800 per term.
- Your textbook costs are not automatically included on your CSC bill
- Book Advances are available for those who qualify:
- Complete the FAFSA no later than 90 days prior to the start of the term/session.
- Be awarded financial aid and have aid accepted on your MyCSC account.
- Complete ALL To Do List Items on your MyCSC account prior to the start of the term.
- Have enough financial aid to cover your entire semester bill to CSC and the cost of your books.
If you are eligible for a Book Advance, you will be notified via EagleMail and provided with a Voucher ID.
NOTE: The Book Advance/Voucher ID allows you to charge the cost of your textbooks to your CSC Spring Bill.
If you utilize the Book Advance, the book charges will be reflected on your CSC bill and the balance due will update to include these charges. The Voucher ID is only valid for textbook purchases through the CSC Online Bookstore.