Summer Financial Aid
Students can begin the process of applying for Summer Financial Aid starting March 2017. Here's what you need to know:
- Only federal financial aid is available during the summer - this includes federal grants and student loans. CSC scholarships and/or tuition waivers do not apply to summer courses.
- Only degree-seeking students can qualify for federal student aid.
- Summer financial aid is based on the 2016-2017 aid year. CSC must have your 2016-2017 FAFSA, along with any additional documents as required on your To Do list, prior to awarding any summer aid.
- Summer awards are determined by the eligibility the student has remaining in the 2016-2017 aid year. If you accepted and used all of your aid eligibility during the Fall and Spring, you may not qualify for anything additional during the summer.
- Summer aid eligibility is based on the number of credits you are enrolled in each session, so you must be enrolled in your summer courses before you can apply.
- Log into your MyCSC Account.
- On the homepage in the Financial Aid section, click on “Summer Aid Application”.
- You will be asked to indicate the number of hours you are enrolled in. Only indicate the number of hours that begin in each session. EXAMPLE: if you are enrolled in one 3 credit course that begins in May and two 3 credit courses that begin in June, you would indicate 3 credit hours in the first session and 6 credits in the second session. Do not indicate hours for session that overlap, only the hours that begin in that session.
- Processing financial aid for any term or session can take a minimum of 2-4 weeks. Make sure to enroll coursework and apply early. Payment for summer courses is due by the stated deadlines, regardless of the status of your financial aid.
You will not be able to complete the application prior to March 2017; if we do not have your 2016-2017 FAFSA; OR if you are not enrolled for the summer session. If your enrollment changes after submitting the application, it is your responsibility to notify the START office in advance so any necessary adjustments can be made. Failure to do so could result in financial penalty.
If you have questions, please contact the START Office at 308-432-6000 or email@example.com.