E-Mail Page | Print Page
2006-07 Technology Fee Report
06-07 Academic Year, $4.00 per credit hour for all CSC students.
Increase applied to cover the cost of the DS3 Internet connection.
- Technology acquisitions should benefit the general student population.
- Funds should be allocated first to 'visible' improvements, such as maintaining and upgrading general lab hardware and software, network response time, and student assistance.
- Funds are not used to purchase specialized equipment or software.
- Funds are not used to fund non-student positions whose priority is student based technology support such as the general computer labs, residence hall, network connections, help desk, etc.
- Fund is to be managed by the Technology Fee Committee.
- Be mindful of expenditure guidelines.
- Identify, introduce and prioritize needs, and recommend annual expenditures.
- Attend meetings, conducted in the Fall for Spring implementation planning and in the Spring for Summer implementation planning.
- Publish on the web and present to Student Senate and CSC Administration a report of the previous year's expenditures.
2006-2007 Committee Members
- Travis Dickey
- Alex Schwartz
- Nate Watkins
- Jared Young
- Dr. Arthur Borgemenke
- Mr. Phil Cary
- Ms. Mary Donahue
Department of Information Technology Representative:
- Ms. Ann Burk, Director of Information Technology
- $255,000 Technology Fee revenue
- $35,000 Allocated to Distance Learning
- $220,000 Allocated to the Technology Fee Committee
- Provided 50% funding of the Computer Support Specialist position for support of student related technology in the general access computer labs, at the help desk, and in the residence halls.
- Provided 20% funding of the technology planning consultant
- Provided the DS3 Internet connection
- Provided the campus-wide wireless site survey
- Provided 6 wireless access points for the Math & Science rotunda, Gold Room, and Edna Game Room
- Approved 50% funding of the Packet Shaper
- Provided paper and toner for the general computer labs
- Provided equipment repairs for the general computer labs
- Purchased 2 replacement laser printers for the Library lab
- Purchased replacement laser printer for the Edna Hall lab.
- Purchased 2 replacement laser printers for the High Rise lobby lab
- Purchased 31 replacement & 15 new PCs for the Library lab
2006-07 Major Expenditures from non-Technology Fee funds benefiting the student body:
- On-going software contracts for Blackboard, MyCSC, Student Information System, On-line Credit Card Payments, Microsoft Campus Agreement, Library Automation, Antivirus and AntiSpam licenses, SPSS, Help Desk Software, and Traffic Shaper.
- Technology Planning Consultant
- Switch upgrade and wireless access point purchase in Burkhiser to accommodate wireless access
- Server maintenance and repairs
- Single Sign-on Project