E-Mail Page | Print Page
2008-09 Technology Fee Report
$4.25 per credit hour for all CSC students.
- Technology acquisitions should benefit the general student population.
- Funds should be allocated first to 'visible' improvements, such as maintaining and upgrading general lab hardware and software, network response time, and student assistance.
- Funds are not used to purchase specialized equipment or software.
- Funds may be used to fund non-student positions whose priority is student based technology support such as the general computer labs, residence hall network connections, help desk, etc.
- Fund is to be managed by the Technology Fee Committee.
- Be mindful of expenditure guidelines.
- Identify, introduce and prioritize needs, and recommend annual expenditures.
- Attend meetings, conducted in the Fall for Spring implementation planning and in the Spring for Summer implementation planning.
- Publish on the web and present to Student Senate and CSC Administration a report of the previous year’s expenditures.
2008-2009 Committee Members
- Student Representatives:
- Ashley Maxon
- Mercedes Roy
- Bethany Seifert
- Faculty Representatives:
- Mr. Phil Cary
- Ms. Mary Donahue
- Mr. Mike Engel
- Department of Information Technology Representative:
- Ms. Ann Burk, Dir. Information Technology & Chair
$255,000 Technology Fee revenue
- $35,000 Allocated to Distance Learning
- $220,000 Allocated to the Technology Fee Committee
- Provided 50% funding of the Computer Support Specialist position for support of student related technology in the general access computer labs, at the help desk, and in the residence halls.
- Provided the DS3 Internet connection
- Provided Wireless site survey in all residence halls
- Provided PoE switches in residence halls to accommodate NAC appliance functionality
- Provided NAC appliance implementation for self-registration of dorm and wireless network connections
- Computer Labs
- Provided paper and toner for the general computer labs
- Provided equipment repairs for the general computer labs
- Replaced computers and printers, and purchased scanners for High Rise, Edna, and Brooks hall labs
- Provided computers, printer, and scanner for new general access lab in Old Admin
2008-09 Major Expenditures from non-Technology Fee funds benefiting the student body:
- On-going software contracts and maintenance : eCollege, Sakai, MyCSC, Student Information System, On-line Credit Card Payments, Microsoft Campus Agreement, Library Automation, EZProxy access to library databases, Antivirus and AntiSpam licenses, SPSS, Help Desk Software, Traffic Shaper, EMAS recruiting software, EagleMail
- Wireless access point purchases and installation in Old Admin and Math and Science
- Security Camera acquisition and implementation in residence halls and select buildings
- Old Administration renovation cabling and equipment acquisition and implementation
- General server maintenance and repairs
- Training and Travel expenses for implemenation of the new PeopleSoft student information system