Apply to CSC

Veteran Affairs

Print Page

Student Responsibilities

Some education benefits are for Veterans and some are for the spouse and/or dependents of Veterans. It can take the VA up to 12 weeks to process education benefit applications. You do not need to wait on applying for admission or for VA benefits - you may pursue both applications simultaneously. Chadron State College does not determine Veteran eligibility for benefits (education benefits, basic allowance for housing (BAH) or other stipends). If you have questions on how eligibility is determined you may contact the Regional VA Education Center in St. Louis, MO at 314-552-9741 or 888-442-4551. It is the Student’s responsibility to contact the VA for verification.

  • It is the student's responsibility to communicate any enrollment changes (add, drop, withdrawal, change of major, etc.) to the School Certifying Official as soon as possible. Registration and enrollment changes may affect student benefits and in some cases may cause a return and repayment of funds.
  • It is the student's responsibility to make payment arrangements with the Student Financial Services Office for charges billed by Chadron State College. This must be completed by the semester payment deadlines.
  • It is the student's responsibility to self-report monthly enrollment information to the VA (Chapter 30, 1606 and 1607). Can be done over the phone 1-877-VA-ECERT (1-877-823-2378) or through the WAVE website.
  • It is the student's responsibility to keep address and direct deposit information current with the VA. Address changes need to be communicated to the School Certifying Official as well.

Copyright © Chadron State College. All Rights Reserved.
Member, Nebraska State College SystemEmployment OpportunitiesEqual Opportunity EmployerTitle IX Reporting/Resources
Accreditation InformationWebsite Feedback
1000 Main Street, Chadron, NE 69337 • 1-800-CHADRON