Frequently Asked Questions
Where is the graduation ceremony located?
Where do I park for graduation?
- Chadron State College map
- There is parking to the west and south of the Chicoine Center entrance. There is also parking available to the North of Armstrong gymnasium. To get to the Chicoine Center, enter the College at Memorial Hall (10th and Main), proceed south past the Nelson Physical Activity Center, turn east, and the Chicoine Center is past the football stadium. To get to Armstrong Gymnasium, enter the College at Memorial Hall (10th and Main), proceed south, turn east just past the Sheaman Heating Plant onto W 12th Street and continue past the football stadium. Armstrong Gymnasium is on the south side of the street with parking on the north side.
What time is the ceremony?
- Winter commencement: 2:00 p.m. the last Friday of the semester
- Spring commencement: 10:00 a.m. the Saturday following the semester
Is there a graduation rehearsal?
- Yes. Winter commencement rehearsal is at 11 a.m. the Friday of graduation and Spring commencement rehearsal is at 3 p.m. the Friday before graduation.
- Rehearsal is not mandatory; however, it is very helpful.
- Do not wear academic regalia for rehearsal
What time do the doors open for graduation?
- The doors will be open one hour prior to the start of the ceremony
Is there reserved seating? Is there handicapped seating?
- No, seating is general admission. However, the Records Office can reserve seats in handicapped sections for the ceremony.
Are tickets required to attend the ceremony?
What time do I need to be at graduation (line up)?
- 45 minutes prior to the ceremony
Where do I go for graduation lineup?
- Armstrong Gymnasium (attached to the Chicoine Center)
Will my major/endorsement/minor be listed on my diploma?
- No, it will only have the degree (Bachelor of Arts, Master of Education, etc.). The transcript will have the degree, major, endorsement, minor, etc.
Where will I get my honors medals?
- For undergraduate students graduating with academic honors of Summa Cum Laude, Magna Cum Laude, or Cum Laude, they will be available at graduation lineup (or Ivy Day for spring commencement). All other honors ropes or medals are available through the organizations or academic departments.
When will my degree be posted to my transcript?
- As long as all requirements are completed, degrees will be posted two weeks after graduation. Transcripts that are placed on hold until degrees are posted will be released on or before this date.
Am I required to attend the commencement ceremony?
- No, however graduates are encouraged to attend.
If I do not attend the ceremony, when will I receive my diploma?
- Diplomas will be mailed approximately 2-3 weeks after graduation.
If I attended the ceremony, when will I receive my “real” diploma?
- The diploma is a ceremonial document that is intended as a keepsake to display. The one that is received during the ceremony is the “real” diploma and another one will not be issued at a later date. If there was no diploma in the cover, this was due to a missing requirement or a hold. Please contact the Records office the Monday following graduation for assistance.
Are photos available of the graduates?
- Yes, photos may be purchased online. Photos are generally available ten days after the ceremony.
- DVDs are available through the Student Alumni Council (SAC).
Is there a reception after the ceremony?
- The President invites all graduates along with their friends and family to attend a reception on the mezzanine of the Chicoine Center.