Housing & Residence Life
Residence Halls Room Reservation (New Students Only)
Our housing application and $50 processing fee are located on your CSC account. Please follow the steps below to access the application and pay your $50 fee
- Sign in to your CSC account and access your “To-Do” list. On this list you should see the “CSC Rm Reserv Form & Fee” option. If you do not see this on your “To-Do” list please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 308-432-6466 as we can add that for you!
- Please click on that link. At the bottom of that page you will see “Please complete your room reservation form and submit to the Housing Office. Room Reservation Form.”
- Please click on the blue reservation form link to be taken to the application.
- Fill out the application completely and choose your payment option at the end. You can pay with a check or credit card online. If you do not pay when filling out the application, you will need to mail in a payment in order to finish the application process. If you have previously applied and not paid and would now like to pay online, you must re-apply via the link on your "To-Do" list.
If you would like to mail in your payment you can send it to:
1000 Main Street
Chadron, NE 69337
Room Reservation Processing Fee
A $50.00 processing fee must accompany the Residence Hall Room Reservation form. A room will not be assigned until the processing fee is received.
The processing fee is non-refundable and applies to future contract processing of the student as long as the student remains in the residence halls (summers excluded). Should a student move off campus and later want a residence hall room the $50.00 processing fee would again be required with a new application.
Room Reservation Cancellations
No Cancellation Fee if the cancellation is received in writing by the CSC Housing Office prior to June 1 for Fall semester and December 1 for Spring semester.
- All application cancellations must be in writing and be sent to the Housing Office at Chadron State College. Emails are accepted but must be sent to email@example.com. Housing responds to all emails if you do not receive a response your email has not been received. If the cancellation is mailed, it must be postmarked prior to June 1 for Fall semester and December 1 for Spring semester.
- $150.00 Room Reservation Cancellation Fee is assessed for Canceling a Room Reservation after the deadlines of June 1 for Fall semester and December 1 for Spring semester and prior to the start date of the semester.
- All cancellations, regardless of the application date or whether an actual room assignment has been made, will be subject to all of these policies.
Room Contract Cancellations
- The college reserves the right to reassign students within and between residence halls and rooms as deemed necessary, and to immediately terminate the contract by written notice if the student fails to comply with any of the terms and conditions of the contract or, if in the judgement of Student Services staff, continued residence would have a seriously negative effect on the student and/or fellow residents, or if a student does not show 'active academic participation' within the College community.
- $150.00 Contract Cancellation Fee is assessed for breaking a contract after the deadlines of June 1 for Fall semester and December 1 for Spring semester and prior to the start date of the contract.
- After the start of the semester a $150.00 Contract Cancellation will be charged and refunds will be calculated according to the following schedule:
- Week One - 100% refund and the $150.00 Cancellation Penalty
- Week Two- No Room Refund
- Cancellation Fee may be waived if:
- a student withdraws from college with the approval of the Vice President.
- has been suspended for academic or disciplinary measures, with the approval the Vice President.
- the contract is terminated with the approval of the Director of Housing or the Vice President.
- Meal plan refunds are prorated based upon the number of weeks used with no refund for the last four weeks of the term.
Off-Campus Residency Policy
All freshman students are required to live and eat on campus except those who are:
- Single parent
- Living with parents
- Over 21 years of age
These students must fill out an Off-Campus Application Form, available at the Housing Office, prior to the start of the semester they plan to attend CSC. The application must be returned to the Housing Office for approval.
Rooms are assigned by the Housing Office Staff. The preferences of each student in terms of roommate, residence hall and room type are considered in the assignment. If students are not assigned their first choice, they will be given the opportunity to change when space is available.
Student room reservations will be held until 12 noon on the first day of classes. At that time, rooms reserved for students who have not checked in will be re-assigned. The room will be held if the student has notified the Housing Office that he/she will be arriving late.
Chadron State College reserves the right to make all housing assignments according to what appears to be in the best interest of the student and the college.