Chadron State College
Chadron State College

State Authorization

State Authorization

State authorization (SA) is a legal and regulatory term for a college’s compliance with individual statutes, regulations, and rules in each state in which it operates, has a physical presence, or engages in educational services, programs, or activities. Physical presence can mean anything from enrolling a student from another state in an online program to recruiting students at fairs or conferences. State authorization is different from institutional or programmatic accreditation, or approval from professional licensing boards.

For students who reside outside of Nebraska and are interested in an online or distance-education program with Chadron State College, we have provided an authorization map to assist with questions regarding our authorization status in their home state. This map shows all states which have agreed to follow state authorization requirements. View the map on the NC-SARA National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements Webpage.

Due to differences in each state’s distance education regulations, Chadron State College may have to meet alternate requirements or seek authorization in certain states before we can enroll students who reside there in our distance-based or online programs.

If you live in a state where Chadron State College is not currently authorized, please contact the Dean of Curriculum.

Chadron State College is committed to complying with other states' authorization regulations.

Professional Licensure and Practicum Programs

For students interested in an academic program that leads to professional licensure, it is imperative that you understand the regulations and requirements for your home state prior to enrolling in any academic program. (Examples might include Social Work, Counseling and Education). We want to ensure that our programs will help you achieve your goals. If you have additional questions regarding licensure, curriculum, professional exams, or other matters related to your program of interest, please don't hesitate to ask. In many cases, the department chair or the Dean of Curriculum will be able to provide additional information about licensure. 

Complaint Processes

CSC provides an opportunity for enrolled students and the public in general to submit Non-Academic complaints. The policy, process, and procedures for submitting complaints is outlined on the Student Complaints and Appeals webpage

The policy and procedures for complaints/grievances related to Academics are outlined in the CSC Student Handbook.

Individuals may also submit complaints to Nebraska's Coordinating Commission for Postsecondary Education (CCPE), the NC-SARA portal agency. The complaint process is described on the CCPE website.

Coordinating Commission for Postsecondary Education
P.O. Box 95005
Lincoln, NE 68509-5005

Refund Policies

Chadron State College's refund policy can be found on the Refund Policies webpage.

Adverse Actions

As of January 15, 2017 Chadron State College distance education programs have no previous, current, or pending adverse actions taken by state or accrediting agencies.